Are you a DevOps Engineer, Software Engineer, or IT professional with a passion for modern, automated software development infrastructure? Do you consider yourself a leader in the CI/CD space? Do you feel these things should make development easier, not tougher, and that self-service is the way? Do you like Piña Coladas? If so, read on!
Cimpress – UnOps
Cimpress is the world leader in mass customization. You’ve probably heard of our brands, including Vistaprint, Webs, Pixartprinting, Albelli, and others. At Cimpress we work to empower all of these brands to be even better and revolutionize the market through networking. Cimpress’ UnOps Tribe is currently seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer to help us accomplish this goal.
In this role, you will be leading a team of technologists focused on delivering Continuous Integration and Delivery infrastructure and consulting to further enable Cimpress’ autonomous development squads to succeed. As a team we have an open policy towards exploring cutting-edge technologies to assist us in meeting our objectives and a flat and blameless team culture. As the technical leader of this team, you will be working directly to shape our technology vision and have a real impact on a large and ever increasing number of developers.
This is a great opportunity for innovative, entrepreneurial-minded individuals looking to make a large impact in a challenging, highly creative, and ever-evolving culture. Come join us and make your mark!
As a Lead DevOps Engineer in UnOps, you will provide the architectural expertise and technical leadership to help drive our Continuous Integration and Delivery offerings and other modern IT infrastructure for an ecosystem of microservices. You will also have a critical role in ensuring we’re providing the right services as best we can to keep us on the cutting edge into the future.
We’re seeking someone who is passionate about automation and is comfortable in the construction, automation, management, administration, and operation of CI/CD systems.
In this role, you will help empower developers to deliver better software faster by...
... designing and implementing CD/CD solutions
... architecting a modern, operable, and scalable infrastructure using cloud technologies
... documenting and coaching developers in proper operations concerns and practices.
Define architecture and technical direction based on applied research
Lead a team of engineers to implement the solutions designed in the technical space
Identify opportunities for automation and design and implement solutions accordingly
Supporting development teams in the use of products and services
Share knowledge through documentation and consulting
Ensure availability of services
Be able to demonstrate knowledge, reliability, and creativity with modern software development infrastructure
Possess strong motivation to build, improve, and maintain a robust suite of software development infrastructure offerings for running microservices consumed by a large enterprise
· Prior success leading a team to automate development infrastructure
· Excellent communication skills for presenting solutions and sharing knowledge
· Experience operating and automating an IT infrastructure using cloud providers
· Strong understanding of underlying IT concepts (TCP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, SSH)
· Experience operating in a microservices architecture
· Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins, TravisCI, TeamCity, Team Foundation Server)
· Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt)
· Infrastructure automation tools (Rake, Packer, Vagrant, Consul, Terraform, Docker)
· Cloud technologies (AWS, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, Azure)
· Logging and monitoring tools (Sumo Logic, Logstash, Graphite, StatsD, Kibana, Grafana)
· Database technologies (MS-SQL, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis)