Are you an experienced marketer looking for the next step in your career? Webs, the world’s largest website-building solution, is looking for a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) guru who is ready to take the reins and grow our presence and prominence within search engines. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive customer base and revenue growth through search engine-based technical and content efforts. As the senior most member of the Acquisition team, you will be responsible managing all of our organic customer acquisition activities, with the purpose of finding, engaging, and converting new customers. Collaborating across marketing and other key functions, you will optimize and implement new and existing technical and content strategies that improve overall user experience. This role will include technical analysis, strategic planning, project management, and ongoing assessments.
Your role will involve:
- Owning the vision, strategy and roadmap for SEO across Webs and Pagemodo brand sites both domestically and internationally
- Establishing clear SEO performance indicators that complement overall marketing and business objectives
- Being the in-house SEO expert, monitoring trends on best practices and any changes in the search space, ultimately ensuring top ranking
- Consulting with the engineering team on technical tasks and best approaches for SEO
- Conducting database and server log assessments to determine opportunities and challenges
- Helping to refine our SEO strategy to increase keyword ranking (both # of keywords ranked and the ranking of existing keywords) and traffic, leading to other core key performance indicators
- Serving as the in-house advocate for technical approaches to SEO including spam mitigation, malware identification, backlink analysis, etc.
- Implementing risk mitigation techniques to reduce the risk of future search algorithm updates
- Working with Engineering to implement changes to improve ranking and conversions
- Ensuring site content is engaging and sharable; recommend content approaches to gain natural attribution from authority sites
- Developing and implement creative link acquisition strategies
- Proactively providing analytics and key findings for team and company as a whole
- Collaborating on the strategy and approach for public relations and social media marketing
In return, you will bring:
- Energy, passion, and a drive to succeed second to none
- A desire to take ownership over our SEO strategy and execution efforts
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves as much as partner at high levels
- A results-driven mentality with a emphasis on metrics to tell the story
- 8+ years of experience in organic search engine marketing, direct marketing experience preferred
- Proven team leadership and management experience
- Strong and proven technical SEO, data analytics and strategy background
- Extensive experience with high volume sites with distributed content (ie, those with member sites)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and an eagerness to work as member of a team
- Exceptional oral, written, presentation, and communication skills
- Proficient in HTML, HTTP and with Google Analytics, Insights and Webmaster Tools (certification a plus)
- 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience required
- Certification in Adobe Site Catalyst and/or Google Analytics is a plus
- Experience with SEO Tools: Majestic, SEOMoz, BrightEdge, Conductor, etc.
With your unique skills, our cutting edge design team, don’t wait. Apply today and help be part of building something amazing.